|Chicken Crockpot Meal|
4 boneless chicken breast
1 can of Mexican style tomatoes
1 can of green chilies
1 can of red kidney beans or black beans
1 Tbs of Olive Oil or any other type of oil you like
12 corn tortillas - soft or hard
Rub for chicken:
2-3 Tbs of Olive oil or any other type of oil you like
1 Tbs of chili powder
3/4 tsp of Cumin
1 tsp of tumeric
1 tsp of fajita seasoning (optional)
1 tsp of mesquite seasoning (optional)
1/2 tsp of ground ginger
1/2 tsp of ground pepper
1/2 tsp of sweet ginger garlic (optional)
1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Rub the crock pot all over with the oil or you can spray it with your favorite oil spray.
- Add in the crock pot Mexican style tomatoes, green chilies, and beans.
- Rub the chicken breast with oil all over front and back.
- Mix all the spices together and rub all over on both sides of the chicken breast - use generously so all of the chicken is coated.
- Put the chicken breast in the crock pot with the tomato and bean mixture cooking on high for 2-3 hours until the chicken is done. If you start with half frozen chicken make sure it is cooked all the way through.
- Take the chicken when done and make thin or medium size slices. I use a slotted spoon to remove the bean and tomato mixture for serving so it is not too juicy for the filling.
- Grill your soft tortillas in a small amount of hot oil or warm your hard shells prior to serving.
- Fill the tortillas with both the chicken and mixture.
- Top with sour cream, avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, black olives and/or hot sauce. Chances are you won't need any hot sauce because the flavor is out of this world!